by Nevada Pain
Pain is a big concern and affects hundreds of millions all over the world. On any given day, there are people who are in so much pain that they require strong medication just to feel some sort of comfort. The drugs can be addicting over a long period of time, and of course, it stops working at a certain point as well.
Pain and suffering can be lessened if it is addressed at the source, and pain management doctors in Las Vegas have discovered that spinal cord stimulator implants can help relieve pain by intercepting it and tricking your brain into believing that there is no pain.
What is a Spinal Cord Stimulator Implant?
Spinal neuro stimulation therapy involves a small device called a stimulator. It is similar to a pacemaker for the heart, but this time it is implanted under the skin near the base of the spinal cord. A patient receives small, low-voltage electrical impulses to the spine. This results tingling, but not painful, sensation in the area where there is normally pain.
Take note though, that this kind of therapy is not meant for a typical migraine or a toothache. This is meant as a last resort treatment for those who have failed surgery or have a condition like RSD. The spinal cord stimulator implant modifies the pain messages and prevents them from reaching the brain.
A Stroke of Genius
This ingenious creation was developed to help patient’s live relatively normal lives even with the pain that they are experiencing. It is also a big advantage for those who do not like taking pain medication as it impedes judgment and prevents them from doing regular tasks. The device can reduce the need for pain medications effectively.
What You Should Know About Spinal Cord Stimulation Implants
1. First and most importantly, know that a spinal cord stimulation implant is meant to be a permanent implant once a trial implant shows effectiveness. The trial is left in for 5 to 7 days and if it works well, then a permanent implant is placed completely under the skin.
2. There are several components aside from the implant or the neuro stimulator that is implanted surgically on the abdominal area or the upper buttocks. These are the leads, which are the thin, insulated medical wires; the battery and programming unit placed under skin, and the recharging belt used every few days.
3. The patient can control the number of times the neuro stimulator is activated based on the degree or severity of pain he or she is in.
4. The spinal cord stimulator implants are not noisy at all. They are small and discreet, which means that the person can go outside and go about his or her daily life even with the device.
5. Spinal Cord Stimulator implants are effective for both back and leg pain. The initial implants were not so great at helping back pain, but the newest ones are. Over 75% of patients receive excellent back and leg pain relief with modern SCS implants.
For the top chronic back pain treatment in Las Vegas, call Nevada Pain. The pain clinics in Las Vegas and Henderson offer comprehensive treatment options for back and neck pain along with fibromyalgia, RSD, failed surgery, headaches and much more.
Call (702) 323-0553 for pain management Las Vegas trusts!